What to do if you’re unhappy

We're sorry to hear that, and we'll work with you to resolve the issue.


We will do all we can to resolve your complaint quickly by:

  1. Understanding what went wrong and why it happened
  2. Fixing it
  3. Explaining to you the issue, what we have done, and what happens next

Our aim is to get to a mutually acceptable solution, and to do this within five working days. If we cannot find a mutually acceptable solution, we will write to you to explain our position and our best suggestion.

Step One: Get in touch

Please call the London Power team on 0808 168 8145. Our office hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 4pm on Friday (the phone lines are closed on bank holidays). If it is outside these times please email hello@mylondonpower.com, or if you prefer, you can write to us: London Power, c/o Octopus Energy Ltd, 2nd Floor, UK House, 164-182 Oxford Street, London W1D 1NN. If you email or write, please give us your contact details as well as the background information on the issue – as we may have to contact you in order to get more information in order to resolve it.

If you contact us on the phone, we will want to understand all of the context of the issue and work to resolve the concern there and then on the phone. Some issues are complex. If we cannot resolve it right away, then we will give you the name of the dedicated person responsible for resolving it.

Step Two: If you need to make a formal complaint

If you are not happy that the problem is resolved and need to make this a formal complaint, then please call on 0808 168 8145 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday and say you'd like to make a complaint.

We will do everything within our power to resolve your issue. If we cannot find a mutually acceptable solution, we will write to you to explain our position and our best offer – this is known as a deadlock letter.

Independent Advice

If you need independent advice at any time, you can contact Citizens Advice by phone 03454 040506 or via their website; their service is free, independent and confidential.

Step Three: If you need to go beyond London Power

In the event of you not wanting to accept the suggestion in the deadlock letter, or the issue has dragged on for more than eight weeks, then you can refer the issue to the Energy Ombudsman.

This involves contacting the Energy Ombudsman by phone on 0330 440 1624, by email enquiry@ombudsman-services.org or through their website or you can write to them at Ombudsman Service: Energy, PO Box 966, Warrington, WA4 9DF.

It is a free and independent service and they will undertake a full review of your concerns and of the actions that London Power took in order to try to get to a resolution. If the Ombudsman finds that London Power have not acted correctly, then they will tell us what we are required to do in order to put things right.

This can include an explanation and/or an apology. It can also include actions that we have to take, which may include compensation. Their decision is binding on us, but not on you.